Nia®, created by Debbie Rosas Stewart & Carlos Aya Rosas 30 years ago, presents a new philosophy of exercise. It brings you home to your body and helps you rediscover the joy of movement.
In class you tone, tighten, strengthen and lose pounds and inches as well as find great pleasure in doing it. You learn the “Body’s Way” – a breakthrough fitness concept that teaches you to move in the way that most benefits your individual body. Nia® is taught in three levels and is appropriate for all fitness abilities. You learn to use visualizations and vocalizations to enhance the benefits of your workout. The experience is holistic; it unites the body and mind. Nia®, once known as “Non-Impact Aerobics” and “Neuromuscular Integrative Action” is presently just Nia®, an energizing workout that gives you a new body and a new life.
- A well-being fitness and lifestyle practice—and is the best of fusion fitness.
- An expressive movement practice that used The Body’s Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual fitness and well-being.
- A way for you to regain physical, mental, emotional and spiritual agility, strength and flexibility—the kind you once had as a child.
- Movement that strengthens the heart and the body, calms and enlivens the emotions, motivates the spirit, and engages and enhances the mind.
- A method for self-discovery and a way to break the mold of limitations.
- About learning how to let go, relax, take conscious action, focus, accept and lovingly guide.
- The body’s workout – movement that conditions the entire human being.